Engineers viewing electrical signals often want to filter a signal (making it less fuzzy), but filtering hides potentially-important glitches. I was UX lead for an oscilloscope that introduced a new way of viewing signals, FilterVu, that overlays two signals: one filtered and one unfiltered.
- Explaining an entirely new concept through minimal text and graphics.
- Creating a simple interaction on top of complicated behaviours under the hood.
- UX lead. Collaborated with software, hardware, and marketing.
- Prototyped interactions, from low to high fidelity.
- Defined how this feature interacts with all the other features in the oscilloscope.